Sunday, September 25, 2011

Laptop Tester Reviews | The Acer Aspire 5552 Review


Acer Aspire 5552 Review

I'm a huge Acer laptop and notebook/netbook fan. I can tell you right now, they are dependable, affordable, and well built and leave this as the shortest review I have ever written. 


I love the dependability and affordability of Acer brand laptops and related equipment. From their Aspire One netbooks, to their Aspire 5552 series, I have owned three Acers thus far, and as a user of Acer computers for 12 years, I can tell you, the quality always seems to outweigh the price.




Our tester came with 3.5GBs of memory installed, not very impressive memory wise, but workable and we had no complaints, but went ahead and stuffed in a total memory upgrade of 8GBs for this Acer Aspire 5552, so it was up to my specifications, as far as what I know I would do if it was my own laptop.


Memory Upgrade for the Acer 5552 Series


This is the laptop we tested: The Acer Aspire AS5552-7474 LX.R4402.263 Notebook PC - AMD Phenom II X4 N970 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, Radeon HD 4250, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Black




Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB 
Slots: 2


Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500 with a maximum of 4GB per slot, so we went ahead and tossed in our choice of a good memory upgrade for the 5552.



My 5552 Aspire came with 3.5GBs of Memory installed, when I added on a 8GB memory kit, this system went from good to awesome. Connectivity was smooth and quick. I was connected to our office wireless in about 30 seconds after starting up for the first time.


Quick video play, and games ran pretty well, office connectivity was fast and impressive. We had no issues using the office printer, or connecting files with the MSWord starter installed. This makes for an excellent office netbook or college student's best friend, depending on your needs. 


If you are willing to spend just under 400$, and then at some point upgrading the memory, your total price for this netbook is under $440.00 if you do the memory upgrade, which I recommend!


Overall, I give Acer's Aspire 5552 five stars in review and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good portable netbook, with full laptop features. The 5552 is a great buy, and an excellent system for anyone!







Free 10gb Cloud Storage at CX.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment