Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Laptop Tester Reviews | Acer Aspire ONE D255E-13639 Intel Atom N455 10.1in Netbook (1GB/250GB/3-Cell/Win7)- Tested


Laptop Tester on Blogger, Tests the Acer Aspire One D255E-13639 with the Intel Atom 1.6GHZ 455 / 10.1in Netbook (1GB/250GB/3-Cell/Win7)

Before I go further, the Aspire One D255E is an excellent netbook for the price, but if you want a little more kick in the same brand and system, check out this review of the Acer Aspire ONE 722-BZ699

Purchased as a side arm for my blogging and blog site work, I was not looking to use this small compact mini version of a laptop for much more than everyday computer tasking. Acer's Aspire One Netbook sold at Wal-Mart for $268.77, came with the Intel 1.6GHZ Atom Processor and a 250GB 5500RPM HDD Hard Drive.

Mine is black and very slim and impressively sleek and easy to use. Came with Windows 7 starter, a very basic Windows 7, that you might be dissapointed with or approve of, depending on your needs.

I didn't care for the lack of not having the ability to change my wallpaper background, but that's Windows problem, not Acer's. Which however leaves me to question; if I was a laptop or pc company, would I choose a less conformable OS over one that didn't push to be upgraded by limiting the consumers ability to customize their new system?

I did how ever find a program that lets you change your greeting and log-in backgrounds, but nothing for wallpaper. This would have made a good platform for another OS to make a debut, Unbuntu, or even something else, but it is annoying to not be able to fully use your netbook.

Free Shipping for 7I was well aware during the purchase that there would be no CD/DVD drive available, but if there was one, it would make this mini might perfect for everything!

The display is small, only 10.1", but it looks, and does great. I watched Spiderman II on a flash drive and the small screen did an amazing job keeping me glued to it. The glossy finish and the low end Intel integrated media accelerator chip managed to keep me watching. Impressive graphics for such a small computer. The sound, not bad, not awesome, mind bending audio, but goodenough to fill the ears while it sat on my lap and table. A set of head phones anyone?

The WiFi and networking card runs great, had no problems hooking up to my home system or the local McDonalds. I enjoyed the ability to have all my networking needs met, as I managed to transfer files via Ad Hoc, and get a 10Mb transfer rate. So a few files adding up to 4.5GBs went rather quick.

Had no complaints, Acers Aspire One passed my tests, I enjoy the little mini laptop. Took some adjusting getting used to a semi-small keyboard. At first typing takes a little work, getting to know the keyboard, but once you get passed that feeling, it works for you like the normal sized one you may be used to.

I think the processor could be a bit stronger, but it works great for what it is. There was a little time frame loading web pages and doing mundane tasks, but nothing I wouldn't expect from a small system like this, but it would be cool to see it come with maybe 2GB of memory, and a step up in the processor. I.E. a 2.0 would make this hum!

The hard drive is great. A 250 GB drive for just a mini netbook is awesome. I already plan on transferring a multitude of pictures and other things from another computer at home and using some of the space for back up.

All in all I think for under $300.00 this netbook by Acer is perfect for anyone who is doing school work, into low graphic games, or just posting their status updates on facebook while eating a cheeseburger at Mcd's.

I give it a 5 Star Review and recommend it to anyone looking for a good little compact netbook to take with them anywhere. I guess that's what I liked about it the most, that instead of carrying around a 8 pound laptop, I can carry off my 2 pound netbook.

My only, only complaint is that it would be rocking to have a CD/DVD player somehow, and a bigger processor, maybe a step up from 1.6GHZ
 

Acer Aspire ONE D255E-1802 Netbook Specs

  • 10.1 inches of TFT LED backlight WSVGA display screen
  • 1024 x 600 pixel of screen resolution
  • Intel NM10 Express chipset
  • 1 MB L2 cache
  • 1066 MHz 1 GB / 2 GB (max) DDR3 SDRAM
  • 250 GB, 5400 rpm hard disk drive
  • 1.5 GHz Intel Atom N550 dual core processor
  • Intel GMA 3150 dynamic video memory technology 4.0
  • Microsoft Office 2010
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Integrated 1.3 mega pixel camera
  • 1280 x 1024 pixel of resolution
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Starter operating system
  • SD memory card, Multimedia card
  • Sound card
  • 1 ( 0 ) x memory, SO DIMM 204-pin expansion slot
  • Wireless LAN connectivity
  • Stereo speakers
  • 3 x Hi Speed USB port, VGA, HDMI port
  • Multi gesture touch pad
  • 6 cell lithium ion 4400 mAh battery



No comments:

Post a Comment